Travelling in Thailand has it all from exotic cuisines, endless opportunity for adventure and some of the friendliest people in the world.
What to know before going to Thailand?
- Thailand has never been colonized by a European country. Therefore Thai people are always proud about this fact.
- The Thai flag colors represent the nation (red), the 3 forces of Buddhism (white) and the monarchy (blue).
- Thailand was originally called ‘Siam’ but changed to Thailand which means ‘land of the Thai people’.
- Some of the first temples built in Thailand were constructed in the 13th century by the Khmers.
- Thai boxing was first documented some time during the 14th century. Muay Thai consists of knee hooks, high kicks and elbow strikes!
The detailed photography documentation of this trip you can see here: